We’re looking to evolve into a group where we can support active and involved folks who live in the Portsmouth District to be engaged and involved in the growth and success of our community.
Through our liaison with city staff, planners and officials, we hope to affect the decisions which impact our waterfront, public services such as schools, transporation, infrastructure and heritage as well as preserving our parks and gardens.
If you’d like to join the association, you’ll be supporting our PDCA community events and have the option to receive our newsletters which bring you up to date information on activities and developments that affect all of us.
What we’re about:
Get Involved Kingston
Visit Get Involved Kingston, the City of Kingston’s new public engagement platform. Follow and participate in engagement opportunities to help shape projects, policies and initiatives. Share your ideas for making Kingston a better place to live, work and play.
Keep in touch with our district Councillor, Bridget Doherty, our voice in council.
We are also planning our 2019 Coffee with the Councillor series. If you are interested in knowing more about this opportunity to connect and communicate informally with the councillor please sign up for announcements through our eNewsletter.
our primary objectives are to:
- Preserve and enhance the quality of life for residents of the entire Portsmouth District including seniors, families, students and local businesses
- Advance the interests of the entire community of the entire Portsmouth District
We aim to achieve these objectives by:
- Acting as advocates for the interests of residents of Portsmouth District with the appropriate officials, agents and groups on questions that affect our community
- Liaising and partnering with other agents and organizations about matters which impact Portsmouth District and the City of Kingston
- Preserving historic Portsmouth Village as a heritage area
- Organizing and promoting community events
- Developing the means to ensure that the lines of communication between our residents, our city staff and our district councillor remain accessible and effective, for example our Coffee with the Councillor events which provides an opportunity for informal sharing of ideas and questions with our district councillor. For more information about these events, please sign up for our free eNewsletter.
Optional Donation or Membership
This fee supports the hosting of events, the maintenance of locally supported gardens
The Portsmouth District Community Association is committed to finding ways to promote and advocate for the interests of residents & businesses of Portsmouth District. New members are welcome.
We’re a small but growing community association and we’re looking to evolve into a group where active and involved folks who live in the Portsmouth District to become engaged and involved in the growth and success of our community. Come and be a part of the PDCA where you can be involved in the shape and growth of this dynamic and beautiful district of Kingston.